Welcome to The Moving Blog, hosted by the American Moving & Storage Association! Consumer education is one of our primary missions. We are dedicated to offering information about the ins and outs of the moving process after you make the smart decision to hire a professional mover. In this blog, we present a variety of posts from American Moving & Storage Association experts and our members that we hope you will find useful as you get ready to plan your move.
If you have an idea for a post or a topic you'd like to see featured in The Moving Blog, please contact our director of public relations, Mike Keaton.
Each month, about 20,000 people visit Moving.org. Members only of the American Moving & Storage Association are welcome to contribute posts for The Moving Blog under the following guidelines:
1. We have the right to accept or reject any submitted post for any reason, which we are not obligated to disclose to the guest author. Posts should be about 600-800 words in length.
2. Posts should not be self-promotional but should provide real value using tips and information of importance to consumers for any point in the moving process.
3. The post should be well-written using proper spelling and grammar in AP Style. You are welcome to update a blog post you’ve written that has appeared elsewhere, but the text should not be an exact duplicate and must include significant edits in order to be considered an original post for The Moving Blog.
4. Proper attribution of data, quotations and other third-party content should be referenced in the post.
5. We may suggest edits to a submitted post, which will be shared with the guest author for feedback and confirmation prior to our approval.
6. The guest author and company will be credited in a brief 1-2 sentence bio at the end of the post with a link back to their website.
7. We retain the copyright to all material published in The Moving Blog. Posts also may be placed on the guest author’s blog or website after being published in The Moving Blog, along with credit to The Moving Blog. Otherwise, a link to the blog post with the headline and a brief summary or blurb is appropriate. Requests to republish elsewhere will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Only the American Moving & Storage Association can approve these requests.
8. New posts will be shared on our Facebook page and Twitter feed, and the guest author is encouraged to do the same on their company’s social media channels.
9. We reserve the right to remove any published works by a guest author from The Moving Blog without prior warning or explanation.
10. By submitting a blog post for review, you are agreeing to the terms outlined in these policies. The American Moving & Storage Association reserves the right to change these policies at any time.
To submit a blog post for consideration, please email it in a Word file to Mike Keaton. Add any images you’d like to include as attachments to the email. Allow 5-10 business days for review. You will be notified if the post has been accepted and when it will be published.